Student Suffers Third Degree Burns from Protein Shaker

A 19 year old student from England suffered third degree burns after his plastic protein shaker bottle exploded in his face.

Dion Chilton attempted to sterilize his protein container but the high heat and pressure caused an explosion. The boiling water was peeling the skin off his face and he feared he was going blind.

His older brother found him screaming in pain on the kitchen floor and rushed him to the hospital. He was told he would not have any permanent damage or scarring.


Muscle Prodigy’s Take: Thankfully, he won’t have any permanent issues. I guess now we know not to sterilize our protein bottles with boiling water like that. We should just probably put it in the dishwasher.




Get Excited About Fitness. Get Moving on Your Goals.

  • It’s Time

  • It’s All on You

  • The Process Creates the Prize

  • Give to Receive

Take the 45 Day MP45 Workout Challenge