Top 5 Fat Loss Tips By Using Strength Exercises and Compound Movements
Below are the 5 fat loss tips by using strength exercises and compound movements. Strength exercises for fat loss should focus on maximizing your time at the gym...build more lean muscle mass to speed up your metabolism and burn more fat.
To recruit more muscle fibers during workouts and improve your success, focus more on MULTI-JOINT OR COMPOUND EXERCISES.
COMPOUND EXERCISES will help you burn more fat because you are working large muscle groups in your body. For example, the largest muscle in the body is the gluteus maximus and squats/lunges would target this area (among other areas). You will also burn more calories after your workout.
Examples of SINGLE-JOINT EXERCISES are biceps curl, seated calf raise, leg extension, leg curl and triceps pushdowns. Spend less of your time on these exercises.
Here are my Top 5 Fat Loss Strength Exercises:
1. Squats - Bodyweight, dumbbell or barbell....do your squats!
2. Deadlift - Deadlift is a must for your exercise program. It is also one of the best ways to build muscle thickness in your lower back. Lower back fat is a problem for many people.
3. One-arm dumbbell rows and Pullups - These two are a must for any routine so I'm counting them as one exercise.
4. Clock Lunges - Clock lunges work your body in all planes of motion. Lunge with your right leg at 12 o’clock, 2 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 5 o’clock and 6 o’clock. That’s 1 repetition for your right leg. Lunge with your left leg at 12 o’clock, 10 o’clock, 9 o’clock, 7 o’clock and 6 o’clock. That’s 1 repetition for left leg. Maintain upright posture throughout to improve core strength.
5. Dumbbell Chest Press on Ball - Doing the chest press on the ball forces you to balance while lifting. Each arm also has to do equal work.
Note: I also include exercises like standing shoulder presses, step ups, pushups on medicine ball and tricep bar dips in my workouts.
About the Author:
Mark Dilworth, Performance Enhancement Specialist and Former NCAA Division I Athlete
General Fitness: http://www.myfitnesshut.blogspot.com/
Women’s Fitness: http://www.herfitnesshut.com/
Sports Fitness: http://www.sportsfitnesshut.blogspot.com/
Take some time and visit these sites to learn more about health and fitness. Also, take advantage of a free fitness assessment and nutrition assessment. You can contact Mark at (512) 289-8879 or email him at email@example.com
Muscle Prodigy Products
- Basic Information
- Related Articles
- Most Read
- Just Published